If you wish to opt-out of future marketing communications, use our unsubscribe page
Waterloo Solutions Limited t/a Uclaim4me (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Waterloo Solutions Limited of 2nd Floor, Mander House, Mander Centre,
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 3NH.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.uclaim4me.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and other pertinent details, including policy details, in order to validate and process any claim entitlement, which will include personal details of any other individual(s) who are joint policy holders with you.
- Personal information from you and/or from your Lender, provider of the credit card/loan, arranger of the PPI, arranger of the Life Assurance Policy, Bond or Endowment Provider/Vendor on any of the documents you supply to us in relation to the process of your claim.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from a claim that we pursue on your behalf.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may share your personal information with banks, financial advisor or other relevant institutions and to affiliates, associated companies or firms or service partners for the purpose of pursuing a claim for compensation that we believe will be of assistance for this purpose. If you do not wish us to use your personal information in this manner please contact us in writing at the address below.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Complaints or Queries
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive details of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 14 December 2011.
How to contact us